TIPS TO REMEMBER:
- Korean vehicles are already left hand drive, so you are spared from the conversion problems that their Japanese counterparts face.
- Make sure that you know where the parts for these vehicles are available for purchase, and also have counterparts if the model was not sold locally. If you bought a Hyundai Starex from a surplus dealer, parts are easy to acquire but for vehicles not available like the Hyundai Galloper, you can use Mitsubishi Pajero parts for them.
- Bring a mechanic with you to check if the unit has problems and drives well. Do not forget the test drive.
- Since South Korea experiences snow, make sure that the tires are replaced.
- Papers and taxes are very important especially if they are lacking, you will be a target of the Highway Patrol Group for your car being smuggled.
There you have it, study your options and chose wisely.