So, here are some tell-tale signs that a car was flooded:
- If there are traces of water marks or mud marks in the exterior.
- If oils look soggy and contaminated with water.
- If the engine bay looks dirty.
- If the interior has funny smells and looks dirty.
- If rust in the small hinges (most of them) are evident.
- If electronic gadgets are not working well, this is a sign (and do not attempt it since water and electronics do not mix).
- Wiring could corrode.
- And lastly, if the papers are wet. If it is, walk away.
If you encounter any of these signs, better walk away since it could be a liability in the end.